Monday, July 09, 2012

peanut butter linzer cookies

peanut butter linzer cookies 1

These peanut butter linzer cookies are awfully adorable, if I do say so myself. Most of the time, I tend to prefer unfussy, thick, chewy drop cookies, liberally doled onto the cookie sheet with an ice cream scoop. These are much more demure and petite, rolled out thin, painstakingly stamped into shape, filled and sandwiched. Personally, I like getting handy with a rolling pin once in a while.

I used the peanut butter “Nutter Betters” dough from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, cutting the margarine in half as is my wont. Some cookies are filled with chocolate ganache, some with leftover raspberry buttercream, some with both!

“Linzer” refers to the peek-a-boo cutout shape — usually Linzer cookies are a nutty almond cookie sandwiched with jam, conceptually hailing from Linz, Austria.

<3 I'm a sucker for heart shapes! <3
peanut butter linzer cookies 2

4 comments:

Amey said...

wooo hooo! Those cookies were so delicious! and I love the little shape. So super cute. I can't believe you halved the margarine, and they're still so yummy perfect. Good job!!!

omgoshimvegan said...

Yum! Cute and delicious looking.

Hannah said...

Adorable nothing, these are flat out beautiful! The cut-out centers held their shape so perfectly, which is tough to convince any dough to do.

tahinitoo said...

Your cookies look amazing! Wish I had that plate in front of me right now!